In the October issue of Talent Management magazine, Mike Janis, founder and CEO of HCR Software Solutions, shares 11 tips on how to retain technology employees. Mr.Janis began his technology career in 1966, so there is a good chance you'll find his ideas well worth investigating:
1. Recruit, Recruit, Recruit.
2. Hire Only the Best.
3. Find Your Replacement.
4. Learn From Other Executives and Managers.
5. Purify, Purify, Purify.
6. Provide a Long Leash, but Apply a Quick Trigger.
7. Create a Void versus Keeping Low-Level Performers Onboard.
8. It's a Volunteer Army.
9. Bad News is Like Fish — the Older it Gets, the More it Smells.
10. Create "Raving Fans" From Your Customers.
11. The Monthly Activity Report.