Anyone interested in the Philadelphia region's "upward mobility" ought to attend this Monday's inaugural "Mobile Monday Mid-Atlantic" event at the Union League. The meeting kicks off at 6:45pm, and is expected to wrap up around 9. The event is FREE, and all are invited.
5 panelists will discuss mobile related initiatives in the region - from different perspectives, and then there will be time for Q&A, discussion and networking. This weeks panelists are:
• JP Finnell wrote the book on using mobile within the enterprise while at Nokia. If you are a Fortune 500 business thinking about how to incorporate mobile, JP will have some great insights.
• Rick Rasansky, is one of Philadelphia’s best entrepreneurs. ECal, one of his first tech companies played on the national stage during the Internet boom. His latest venture puts a unique twist on mobile payments and banking. Hear what Rick is up to and why.
• Derek Pew will talk to us on why he helped launch Wireless Philadelphia, one of the largest wi-fi hot spots in the world, and where he sees mobile broadband going.
• Greg Goldman is the first Chief Executive of Wireless Philadelphia. He will let us know about the social implications of this ground-breaking effort. Earthlink will field technical questions and let us know interesting tidbits on the installation.
• Jamie Drobile, a Philadelphia native and startup veteran in both venture funded firms and from within corporate entities will serve as meeting host. He now works at a venture capital firm with offices in the region.